FLATSAFE® TORNADO SHELTERS
WARRANTY TO STRUCTURAL FAILURE OF GALVANIZED/HDPE/FRP COMPOSITE COMPONENTS DUE TO CORROSION
This warranty is provided by FlatSafe Tornado Shelters, L.L.C. (“FlatSafe”) to Registered Consumer (“Consumer”).
This warranty covers structural failure of Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Components on a FlatSafe Tornado Shelter used in domestic dwellings in the United States and solely from corrosion within 50 years from the date of installation. Date and Installation Location (“Host Dwelling”) provided by consumer upon required registration.
Galvanized Components means all shelter components galvanized by means of the hot-dipped process, ensuring zinc penetration in steel 5 to 8 layers with a coating 1/64” to 1/32” in thickness.
Subject to the conditions set out below, if any Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Components structurally fail due to corrosion within the 50 year warranty period, FlatSafe will, at its option, either (a) repair or replace the Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Component or part thereof affected by the corrosion, or (b) pay the cost of having the Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Component replaced or repaired. To the extent permitted by law, FlatSafe’s entire liability shall be limited to the foregoing and shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential losses or damages, including injury to persons arising from the use of the product.
This warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- The Host Dwelling must be a domestic dwelling in the United States and the FlatSafe Tornado Shelter installed within the Recommended Location (defined below).
- This warranty does not apply to any FlatSafe Tornado Shelter component which is not a Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Component.
- Installation at Host Dwelling must comply with all applicable building codes, including NSSA Standard (2015), FEMA 320 (Second Ed.), and ASCE 7-2002.
- The FlatSafe Tornado Shelter is installed in accordance with manufacturer’s published structural analysis current at the time of installation, including; excavation into compacted soil, and required concrete properly placed to counteract buoyancy.
- Registration is required; warranty card must be entirely filled out and returned to FlatSafe within 60 days of installation.
- Proof of purchase of FlatSafe Tornado Shelter must be provided at time of registration. The owner of the Host Dwelling grants FlatSafe the right to access the installation site of the Host Dwelling to inspect the installation process and at any time after a claim is made under this warranty regarding the performance of a Galvanized/HDPE/FRP Composite Component.
- Damage partly or wholly due to the following causes are not covered by this warranty: Mechanical, chemical, or other damage sustained during transport, handling, or storage.
FlatSafe extends this warranty solely to original consumer; original consumer may transfer registration one-time within the 50 year warranty period.
FlatSafe reserves the right to inspect an installation prior to issuing of the warranty.
The recommended location for a FlatSafe Tornado Shelter is close to an outer wall and an overhead door in an attached garage. Placement inside the home during new construction is possible but not recommended. Every element in the design of the FlatSafe Tornado Shelter, including; Function, Reliability, Structural capacity, Connectivity, and Anchorage, has been considered. However, warranty work may still be required, therefore, the shelter must be easily accessible and the current homeowner is responsible for any expense associated with repairing or replacing a shelter installed in a location other than the recommended location. The FlatSafe representative performing warranty work is not responsible for removing or damaging finished items such as flooring, trim, or the like.
The above terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Warranty No: F061220
JAC Shelter, L.L.C.
P.O. Box 2586
Ponca City, OK 74602
Telephone: (405) 609-1509
Fax: (580) 765-3874